I'd really like for everyone to feel comfortable to say what they would like to say about my articles, but on the off chance that someone has something really negative and detrimental to say about me or others, please let this comment policy represent the guidelines by which I will direct moderation of the comments section. I reserve the right to changes these rules at any time, delete responses, and ban users as needed to maintain a civil, respectful space.
- Be respectful, don't be super weird, or an asshole.
- No slurs - you will be banned. This includes sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc. While slurs will get you banned, curse words are generally okay. However, comments containing curse words may be automatically flagged for review and won't appear on the site. Assuming these comments aren't offensive and are reasonable/contextual to the discourse, these comments will be restored.
- Spam is not permitted.
- Don’t feed the trolls. There's no reason to argue with an idiot and it just makes us all look stupid. Just flag the comment as offensive, it will be moderated with respect to these policies.
- Please keep the conversation focused on the article.
- No soliciting or advertising.
- Impersonating me or other commenters.
Finally, commenters that respond without a verified email address by Disqus will automatically have their comments flagged for review. If I can identify you, I will restore your comment(s). This is done as a precaution to address any spam, please don't take it personally.
If you have any specific suggestions or recommendations that could improve this comment policy, please feel free to get in touch with me on Facebook.